At BioMar, our customers feed the world. We want to innovate aquaculture by making exceptional fish feed and partnering with our customers to enable them to feed the world. We need people who share this passion to innovate, to change, to support and lead aquaculture.
BioMar’s Australian business unit in Tasmania is currently constructing an industry leading fish feed production mill at Wesley Vale, located between Shearwater and Devonport. The mill is due for completion in January 2020 and this role will be integral to ensuring the factory meets its production targets.
About the position
To support the expansion of the business we are seeking a BioFarm Advisor to join our Fulfillment team and provide onsite technical advice and support to our customers across Australia.
This role is based out of our Hobart office is designed to provide support to customers surrounding feed performance, feed practices, fish health and physiology and general technical support for customers on-site. This role is expected to spend up to 3 days a week on-site with customers as a growth partner – ensuring our customers get the best out of their partnership with BioMar. Reporting directly to the Fulfillment Manager, your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Customer site visits and audits centring around Feed, value adding, troubleshooting and risk management
- Resolve customer feed issues through collaboration with other internal BioMar departments
- Review customer feed practices and provide advice in relation to innovation and improvement opportunities
- Understand fish health and feed performance, identify issues with feed and resolve these with customer
- Network and partnering with new customers once a relationship has been established
- Gather and present data to provide rational responses for customer queries and concerns
- Be the technical aquaculture lead for the fulfillment team
We are searching for someone who has experience in fish feed management within the aquaculture industry and can act as a link between technical, customer and BioMar staff. The successful candidate will likely have:
- Experience as a feed consultant or farm coordinator in an aquaculture company
- Knowledge of fish health and physiology
- Graduate and post graduate qualifications in science/aquaculture
- Feed systems experience/knowledge
- Excellent networking skills
- Customer-centric approach
- Technical experience in the salmon industry preferred.
In addition to generous remuneration, BioMar offer higher superannuation payments, access to an EAP service, a staff development program and the opportunity to live close to Tasmania’s most beautiful beaches and mountains. This role will also include a vehicle allowance.
How to apply
For more information regarding this role and for a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Hutchinson via firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for this role, please visit the link below to submit your application. All applications must address the critical competencies listed in the Job Profile that are rated 4 or higher.
Applications close December 1st, 2019.