At BioMar, our customers feed the world. We want to innovate aquaculture by making exceptional fish feed and partnering with our customers to enable them to feed the world. We need people who share this passion to innovate, to change, to support and lead aquaculture.
BioMar’s Australian business unit in Tasmania is currently constructing an industry leading fish feed production mill at Wesley Vale, located between Shearwater and Devonport. The mill is due for completion in January 2020 and these roles will be integral to ensuring the factory meets its production targets.
About the position
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work as part of a small team responsible for all scheduled and unplanned maintenance on the factory and associated plant and equipment. We require one Electrician and one Fitter for the team. These roles will generally work a standard 5-day week and will also be required to be on call for maintenance assistance every 3rd week. They will perform a range of maintenance tasks including repairs, calibration, preventative maintenance and testing.
- Perform routine maintenance and machinery servicing
- Prepare and plan for routine shutdown
- Collaborate with other departments and contractors
- Maintain spares inventory and tools
- Maintain accurate data within internal software systems
We are searching for experienced electricians and fitters who have worked in industry with a continuous process. BioMar’s manufacturing process uses extruders, dryers, vacuum coaters, mills, mixers, dosing machinery, SCADA and PLC systems. Experience in maintenance of any of these is essential successful candidates will likely have:
- Relevant trades certificate
- Several years’ experience in industry maintenance roles
- Strong organisation and time manage skills
- A strong understanding of SCADA systems
- A track record of cross department collaboration
- Great computer skills and be a quick learner
- Experience working in on a call roster
- A high level of reliability and a strong work ethic
In addition to generous remuneration, BioMar offer higher superannuation payments, access to an EAP service, a staff development program and the opportunity to live close to Tasmania’s most beautiful beaches and mountains.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical.
How to apply
For more information regarding this role and for a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Hutchinson via email@example.com. To apply for this role, please visit the link below to submit your application. All applications must address the critical competencies listed in the Job Profile (available on request) that are rated 3 or higher.
Applications close August 28th, 2019.