At BioMar, our customers feed the world. We want to innovate aquaculture by making exceptional fish feed and partnering with our customers to enable them to feed the world. We need people who share this passion to innovate, to change, to support and lead aquaculture.
BioMar’s Australian business unit in Tasmania is currently constructing an industry leading fish feed production mill at Wesley Vale, located between Shearwater and Devonport. The mill is due for completion in January 2020 and these roles will be integral to ensuring the factory meets its production targets.
About the position
To support the expansion of the business we are seeking a Laboratory Supervisor to join our quality team to setup our new lab and be responsible for a range of QC/QA, raw material analysis and a range of other quality tasks.
This role is based on-site at our Wesley Vale location, providing you the opportunity to work in a growing industry and globally successful organisation where you will have the ownership and accountability to contribute to the ongoing success of BioMar. Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Setup of Laboratory and associated equipment, caliration and testing of QA/QC equipment
- Managing the activities of the lab in a hands-on capacity, conducting analysis of raw materials and finished goods
- Supporting the quality and accredditation standards through process development, implementation and improvement related to the Quality/Lab functions
- Working as part of a small team to ensure the best quality products are sent to our customer in a timely manner within company guidelines
We are searching for experienced Laboratory supervisor who has experience in a manufacturing or production environment with margin management and ERP and QMS systems. The successful candidate will likely have:
- Experience in food/beverage or pharmaceutical quality control laboratory environment
- Experience in setting up new lab equipment and providing appropriate calibration of QC equipment
- Mentoring experience for junior lab staff
- Experience in HACCP and a range of ISO auditing functions
In addition to generous remuneration, BioMar higher superannuation payments, access to an EAP service, a staff development program and the opportunity to live close to Tasmania’s most beautiful beaches and mountains.
How to apply
For more information regarding this role and for a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Hutchinson via email@example.com. To apply for this role, please visit the link below to submit your application. All applications must address the critical competencies listed in the Job Profile (click the link below) that are rated 3 or higher.
Applications close October 22nd, 2019.