At BioMar, our customers feed the world. We want to innovate aquaculture by making exceptional fish feed and partnering with our customers to enable them to feed the world. We need people who share this passion to innovate, to change, to support and lead aquaculture.
BioMar’s Australian business unit in Tasmania is currently constructing an industry leading fish feed production mill at Wesley Vale, located between Shearwater and Devonport. The mill is due for completion in January 2020 and these roles will be integral to ensuring the factory meets its production targets.
About the position
Reporting to the Production Team Leads, you will undertake a range of tasks to produce high quality fish feed pellets within the relevant specifications. Your work will be hands on, operating the entire process, reviewing and inputting data through our SCADA systems to ensure the production and packing processes flow smoothly ensuring the highest quality feed. Y
- Operate the plant and equipment to convert raw materials into high quality finished products
- Maintain quality, thru-put and output of the production plant on shift
- Collaborate with other departments
- Maintain accurate data within internal systems
- Move finished goods and raw materials using forklifts and loaders
Ideally we are searching for experienced extruder or process operators who have worked in fish/pet feed production or industry with extrusion technology, or those who have experience in continuous manufacturing. The successful candidate will likely have:
- Experience in a food manufacturing related industry – ideally fish or animal/pet feed extrusion/production
- Strong organisation and time manage skills
- A strong understanding of and ability to interpret SCADA systems
- Great computer skills and be a quick learner
- Experience working in a 24/7 shift roster environment
- A high level of reliability and a strong work ethic
In addition to generous remuneration, BioMar offer higher superannuation payments, access to an EAP service, a staff development program and the opportunity to live close to Tasmania’s most beautiful beaches and mountains.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug test and will need to hold or obtain a forklift license.
How to apply
For more information regarding this role and for a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Hutchinson via email@example.com. To apply for this role, please visit the link below to submit your application via SEEK. All applications must address the critical competencies listed in the Job Profile (available on request) that are rated 3 or higher.
Applications close Thursday October 24th.