At BioMar, our customers feed the world. We want to help them do that better. We want to innovate aquaculture by making exceptional fish feed and partnering with our customers, to enable them feed the world. We need people who share this passion to innovate, to change, to support and lead aquaculture.
BioMar's business unit in Tasmania is currently constructing an industry leading fish feed production mill in the picturesque central North of the island state at Wesley Vale, located between Shearwater and Devonport. The mill is due for completion in January 2020 and this role will be an integral position in the development of the production department and the implementation of our ERP software - M3/Infor.
About the position
We are searching for an experienced and skilled production planner who understands fish feed or pet food production processes. We need someone who can skillfully collaborate, plan, and coordinate the production schedule from raw material input to finished goods delivery.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will collaborate with staff on raw material, production schedules, product composition and formulation, outbound logistics and quality. In addition, you will liaise with our customers, taking orders and attending to non-technical enquiries for finished products. The main aim of the role is to ensure that production planning is completed in order to meet customer order requirements.
- Manage customer orders and develop/maintain the production schedule to ensure production targets are met
- Produce forecasts for raw material requirements in line with customer orders
- Collaborate with other departments
- Be heavily involved in the implementation of the ERP and production software over the next 6 months.
- Maintain accurate data within internal systems
- Meet all duties within production timelines
The successful candidate will
- Have 3-5 years experience in production planning in a food related industry - ideally fish or animal/pet feed production
- Be well organised with excellent time manage skills
- Have a track record of cross department collaboration
- Posess great computer skills and be a quick learner
In addition to generous remuneration BioMar offer higher superannuation payments, access to an EAP service, a staff development program and the opportunity to live close to Tasmania's beautiful beaches and mountains.
How to apply
For a copy of the Job Profile, more information regarding this role and for a confidential discussion, please contact Sharon Miller on 63 333 888 or 0408 748 573.
All applications must address the critical competencies listed in the Job Profile (available on request) that are rated 3 or higher.
To apply for this role, please click on the "apply now" botton and submit your application including resume and document addressing critical competencies.
Applications close 3rd June 2019.