BioMar Hellenic receives GLOBALG.A.P. certification
BioMar Hellenic is now certified according to GLOBALG.A.P.
From July 2017, BioMar Hellenic has been certified against the most recent and most demanding GLOBALG.A.P check-list for Compound Feed Manufacturing, version 2.1, by TÜV HELLAS S.A.
- The certification is good news for our customers, says Managing Director Panos Lagos. He explains that the certification will make it easier for BioMar Hellenic customers to obtain their own GLOBALG.A.P. certification and thereby be able to supply the growing number of processors and retailers that require the GLOBALG.A.P. certification for the products they sell to the consumers.
The GLOBALG.A.P. responds to consumer concerns on feed/food safety, environmental protection, workers health, safety and animal welfare by:
- Encouraging adoption of commercially viable farm assurance schemes, which promote the minimization of agrochemical and medicinal inputs, within Europe and worldwide.
- Developing a Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.) framework for benchmarking existing compound feed assurance schemes and standards including traceability.
- Providing guidance for continuous improvement and the development and understanding of best practice.
- Establish a single, recognized framework for independent verification.
- Communication and consulting openly with consumers and key partners, including manufacturers, exporters and importers.
- GLOBALG.A.P. is a private sector body that sets voluntary standards for the certification of production processes of agricultural and aquaculture products around the globe.
GLOBALG.A.P. is highly regarded as a very reliable standard for demonstrating on-farm food safety and sustainability. It provides the farmers with the opportunity for adding value to their products by complying with a globally recognized standard that also reduces exposure to reputational food safety and product safety risks.
For more information, we invite you to visit the GLOBALG.A.P web site: www.globalgap.org