1/3 by 2030
Reduce BioMar total feed GHG footprint by 1/3 by 2030
BioMar is responding to an urgent call-to-action for companies to set emissions reduction targets backed by a global network of UN agencies, business and industry leaders. We have set company-wide emission targets in line with climate science to ensure we are net-zero no later than 2050.
BioMar has set verifiable science-based targets through the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). We have committed to ambitious GHG emissions reduction targets following the 1.5°C pathway. Climate scientists define this as necessary to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement.
With aquafeed representing a significant proportion of the carbon footprint of farming, our farmers will be able to directly benefit from a reduction in their own on-farm footprint.
- Reduce BioMar total feed greenhouse gas (GHG) footprint by 1/3 by 2030
- Science-based targets through the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
- Aligned with reductions required to keep global warming to less than 1.5°C
- Scope 1 & 2 carbon neutral within our own operations by 2045, baseline 2020
- 4.2% year-on-year absolute GHG emissions reduction target (Scope 1 & 2)
- Scope 3 reduction by 30%, baseline 2021
BioMar total feed GHG footprint: 2.08 tonnes CO2/tonne feed (-5.5% from baseline 2020)
Scope 1 & 2 SBTi status: -7.6% from 2021 (-15.9% from baseline 2020)
Scope 3 SBTi status: -1.6% from 2021 (-1.6% from baseline 2021)
Climate action targets validated and approved by the SBTi
Achieved emissions reductions through low carbon technological solutions and fuel optimisation